Thursday, 31 October 2013

Thinking of you

I'm very excited to share my first official Creative Expressions Design Team project today.
For this month, we're working with the Winter Flowers stamp sheet, so I'll be showing more projects using this set, and more inspiration can be found by visiting the rest of the DT's bloggies.

Stamp the image onto Milk cardstock using Versamark, emboss with black powder. Take a Spellbinders circle die, place over the image and mark, with a soft pencil line, where the image overlaps the circle.

Cut out the parts that extend beyond the pencil lines.

Replace the die, lining up with the pencil lines. Bring the cut out portions to the reverse of the die, so that they will remain intact after cutting. Cut out the image.

Colour the image using Distress Markers, then use Old Paper Distress ink to define the edges.

Apply Old Paper distress ink to the Meadow mask by That Special Touch. Run through the die cutting machine to transfer the ink and to emboss the card. Define the edges with Old Paper DI

Die cut a Scallop Circle and a Labels One and mat onto the card front, along with an embossed greeting on a Fancy Tags die cut. Finish with a Seam Binding bow.

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out what the rest of the team have been up to by following the link on the left.

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Silver Ribbons

Sue Wilson has today launched the first, of what will be regular craft videos on her blog. The way Sue uses Spellbinders dies never ceases to amaze me, so I'm sure this new venture will provide lots of inspiration.

Sunday, 6 October 2013

For the wings of a dove

Another altered box; this time, I couldn't resist this cute little soap box.

It's covered with some thick, brown paper sack that our chicken feed comes in, which I slathered in PVA and dried with my heat gun. The crunched paper was then coloured with Distress Paints.

The soaps came in a pack of 4, so I'll probably make a little library with them!

Saturday, 5 October 2013

Crunchy Nut

The cover for this book started life as a crunchy nut cornflakes box; I opened the box flat, glued in all the flaps and then covered wit hbrown paper - the effect I was going for was a sort of metal patina, it kinda worked, but would've been better if I'd not gesso'd the brown paper. Still I got some very textural effects with spray inks and rock salt.
I wanted to make something to hold the birthday cards from Molls 18th, so I used the box as a book cover and made the cards be the signatures. The spine was initially square and boxy, but then I decided a better look would be a rounded spine, so I just rolled the side. I finished with some texture paste and Cosmic Shimmer gilding waxes.