This is how I made it
I started with the Poppies mask by That Special Touch. I used Distress Ink to colour the design, masking as I went to minimize colour contamination.
Next, I took a script stamp and used sepia Archival ink through the mask so that the script only appeared on the flowers.
I removed the mask, cleaned it, then re positioned it. I applied Perfect Medium through the mask and then clear embossed.
Then I went over the top of the whole piece with Newsprint Swirls...
followed by Crackle.
Finally over the whole piece with Gathered Twigs DI
To make the poppies, I used the Spellbinders Build a Flower die set. I cut 6 each of the three sizes of petal, 3 of the star shaped calyx, three of the poppy centres, one each of the centre circle and the asterisk plus a few leaves.
I added ink to the petals.
Then used a ball tool to add dimension
I applied Cosmic Shimmer glue to the calyx
then stuck the six petals of each size to each of the three calyx.
I made one for each of the three petal sizes and then stacked and glued the three together.
I used a ball tool to add shape to the centres,
and glued them together
I did the same with the three 'ruffles'.
Then stuck them together.
Assemble the flower with the centre in place and the leaves on the back.
Thanks for stopping by