Wednesday, 29 May 2013


Yesterday was wet and miserable here, but rather than vegging in front of the box all day (as we did on Monday, watching back to back episodes of my current favourite programme Duck Dynasty) I decided to get crafty. I had nothing in mind at all, just a plain tag, so I got out some dies and grungepaper and let my project evolve.

My background is an embossed french script stamp, I then inked the tag with pickled raspberry, seedless preserves, and tumbled glass, masked, coloured and stamped. I cut the dressform body from adhesive foil tape and alcohol inked  after embossing it. The wings were an image transfer onto grungepaper which I inked and crackled.

A couple of weeks ago I had a play with some diecut mountboard bookplates,. making antique metal effects with various embossing powders, so I now have a small stock of bookplates as embellishments.

My flowers and leaves are cut from old book pages - Romeo and Juliet to be exact.

Seam binding inked to match, scrunched and dried.

By the time I'd finished I was thoroughly inked myself - nothing new there.


  1. Fab tag! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

  2. Gorgeous! I love these colours, they're so soothing :-)