As you can tell, they're really tiny so next time I'll scale up to help with definition.
I was also taken with Lisa's pliable beeswax technique. Lisa used a texture tread, which I don't have (yet!) so I thought this was something to try at a later date, but then I decided to give it a go on an unmounted grey rubber stamp - what's the worse that could happen right? Well it worked to a degree - my UTEE blew everywhere due to my eagerness to play and I certainly think the treads are a better option than a stamp, but I'm still pleased with the result. I inked my stamp with versamark and then brushed on some mica powder to help it release. Again, this is something I will try again and experiment.
The wax technique became part of a mixed media canvas. I started with a salted inky background, added dragonflies stamped onto tissue paper which I stuck down with brushed beeswax. I stamped into a thicker area of wax and highlighted this bit with mica. Then I die cut some metal drinks cans for the flourish and flowers - the flowers I then inked with alcohol inks. Finally, I added my pliable beeswax technique plaque.
So I ended the day creatively satisfied as evidenced by my filthy mitts - if I needed another way of measuring how creative I've been it would surely be by how mucky I get. If I'm not stained and glued up, I mustn't have been trying hard enough!