Sunday 15 June 2014

In Bloom

I love seeing what fantastic new masks Ali Reeve has come up with, and this Dainty Daisy is a new favourite.

For this first card, I took the leafy mask ( an all time fave) and inked through it with shabby shutters Distress ink. Keeping the mask in place, I went over with a text stamp and peeled paint DI. I removed that mask, then placed the daisy mask over my leafy background, embossed it, then inked with shaded lilac and dusty concord. Then I removed the mask, inked it with Perfect Medium and transferred the ink through my Grand Calibur and heat embossed with silver. I love the ghosting effect I got with the leafy pattern under the silver embossing, and the leafy pattern behind the flowers really adds movement.


For this card, I used mostly the same techniques, but with a totally different look. I took one of Ali's Apertures (set 3) onto white card with the swoosh mask over the top, inked, then removed the swoosh and inked some more before overstamping  with the script stamp. Then I replaced the aperture with the daisy mask, inked with DI (spritzed and flicked with water), dry embossed followed by Perfect Medium and then clear heat embossed.


Off to play with more masks now - I'm on a roll!

1 comment:

  1. this is a lovely stencil - I adore the second card especially xx

    ReplyDelete