Thursday 5 June 2014

To the Lighthouse

I'm loving the new stamps the DT are playing with this month for Creative Expressions. For June, we have the beach scenes stamps  perfect for getting into a holiday mood.

For my first project I chose the lighthouse - I think this is probably my favorite and I love lighthouses.



I stamped with Sepia Archival, then used a brush to gently blend distress ink to indicate the glow of the light.


I made a mask and then applied blue ink for the sky, again using the brush.


I used promarkers to colour the rest of the image.


My 'frame' was made using the Swirly Frame mask - I inked up the mask, laid it ink down onto my cardstock and then ran it through the die cutter with my tan mat underneath to emboss the design and transfer the ink at the same time. I then added more of the same blue ink for intensity.


For a nautical touch, I added twine to the card and tied knots in each corner.


Next week, we're launching more new stamps, and to celebrate, we're having a Blog Hop - so be sure to pop back next week to see what else is new from CE.


1 comment:

  1. a wonderful make tracy - love this lighthouse xx

    ReplyDelete