Thursday 22 May 2014

Daisy, Daisy


This week I've again been working with the new Daisy stamp from Creative Expressions, but this time I've gone for a very different look. I used distress to saturate my card with colour, one of the many great things about Distress ink is that they have enough open time that you can blend and create new colours - even though I've only used three colours, a rainbow effect comes out of the blending.
I stamped the image onto the coloured card, embossed it, and then took the colour out of the stamped image with a wet brush for a faux bleached effect. I thought about running the background through an embossing folder, but then decided that the texture would detract from the colours, which I wanted to be the focus - as well as the stamp of course. I did though add some texture by stamping the daisy around my black base card, and embossing it with Arctic Pearl Lustre.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment