Sunday 18 August 2013

DT Samples

Today I'm sharing a couple of DT projects for some new stamps by Sheena Douglass. The stamps launch on Thursday this week, so you can imagine I've had a busy couple of weeks getting samples ready.


I painted the frame with H2O and added texture paste, then used repeated stampings to make the peacock tail. The earrings are one of the stamps onto shrink plastic.


The background effect is PVA applied through a mask then inked, the distress ink appears a different colour on the raised glue than on the plain card, and I really love the effect it gives. For the topper, I used one of the stamps and a faux porcelain technique. After three layers of UTEE, I wanted an even more pronounced crackle effect, so I put the topper in the freezer for a while and then got cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment